Sunday, January 27, 2008

Blog Rehab

There are a lot of things I should be doing right now.  Like homework, and grad school apps, and that article I promised Andy.  And finishing a long overdue baby blanket.  And laundry.  Yet here I am, knitting and watching "Celebrity Rehab" (and Jesus, if Jeff Conway isn't the best anti-drug advertisement ever, I don't know what is).  And setting up a blog, of course.  

What is the fascination with blogging?  Why is it so popular all of a sudden?  I mean, I get the cathartic nature of it for the blogger, but what does the blogee get out of it beyond some slight (and, let's be honest, in most cases slightly boring) voyeuristic thrill?  What makes my life worthy of being read about?  What is appealing about class, and yarn, and dogs, and a hairy South African husband (OK, well, I get the last one).

So let's find out.  You and me.  You can see if my life is interesting enough to deserve the few minutes of your life it takes to read about it, and I can see if writing about all this keeps me from going nuts in my last semester.  Tune in and turn on, people.

No comments: